Aim of the Campaign
40 Days of Purpose is a powerful life-changing campaign for all the church. This campaign encourages every member of the congregation to participate in deepening their relationship with God through worship, small group studies and through daily personal readings. Over 2000+ churches in the UK have completed and benefited from 40 Days of Purpose. The campaign consists of six weeks, sermon outlines, small group materials and a 40 Day personal study guide. Additional resources for all age groups are also available. As each person in your church reads through The Purpose Driven Life book, one chapter a day for 40 Days, listen to the sermons and attend the small groups, they will begin to understand ‘what on earth am I here for’!
We have changed the structure of the campaign so that churches can start at any time of the year, we prefer if you run your campaign during the autumn period (start September) or Lent (start seven Sundays before Easter Sunday) Start date for Autumn 2010 would be the 12th September. Setting you own start date will mean you will not be able to receive the regular weekly emails ( 40 Days of Purpose and 40 Days of Community campaigns). Please contact us if you have any other questions on start dates.
"I warmly and enthusiastically support '40 Days of Purpose' I have seen it's effect on all sorts of churches, big and small, rural and urban, evangelical and catholic. It is simple, biblical, brilliant and life changing" Wallace Benn , Bishop of Lewes.
"I found the 40 Days of Purpose gave me the opportunity to step back from my life and really take stock. It is very easy to rush from work to family and back again without without taking time our to think about our real purpose." "A brilliant fantastic read. You truly learn about yourself, where you are to go and to work towards God's purpose in your life." (All Saints Church, Higher Walton,Lancs)
"The course went well. 1 person became a Christian and was baptised. As a preacher, I found it quite hard condensing Rick Warrens long sermon down to a more manageable length. I wonder whether a more condensed sermon could've been included (i.e. 10-15 minute version) The bible study was good but we found there was too much stuff. We could probably go back over it." (Bramley Baptist Church)
"The campaign went reasonably well, although there was some (anticipated) resistance to weekday small groups. Some I think still do not accept that these should be a priority for discipleship, but several permanent groups have now been established as a result of the campaign. Excellent though I feel it is, the material doesn't suit everyone - particulary those who are 'set in their ways' ! I think an 'anglicanized' version would have been beneficial." (Salvation Army - Dunstable)
"As I mentioned to you the course appears to have been a great success, with about 500 church members taking part in the 40 Days study, and a resultant 100 new members joining new or existing Bible Study groups at All Saints." (All Saints Church, Crowborough)
We have simplified the process of ordering campaign resources. You now have two alternatives:
Option 1. Direct access to all campaign resources through this web site.
You do not have to register and you can choose the resources you need for your church campaign, small group or personal study. All resources will be priced as shown plus post and packing.
SIMPLY CLICK THE RESOURCES BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE AND CHOOSE YOUR RESOURCES.
Option 2. Register for a campaign and receive the following additional benefits:
• 25% discount on listed prices for all registered campaign resources
TO REGISTER COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM BELOW OR PRINT OUT AND RETURN A PAPER FORM. WE WILL SEND YOU A REGISTRATION PACK AND CUSTOMER CODE TO RECEIVE YOUR DISCOUNT ON CAMPAIGN RESOURCES.
What’s in the full campaign Registration Pack?
The Purpose Driven Life Book. This is the backbone of the Campaign, each person in your church reads through The Purpose Driven Life, one chapter a day for 40 Days (they will begin to understand what on earth they are here for!)
DVDs and CDs containing 11 training sessions that coach your Campaign Team to effectively guide your congregation through the 40 Days of Purpose Campaign.
Campaign Manual offering detailed timelines and leaders guidelines.
Campaign Resource CD. This is a collection of over 300 pieces containing everything from sermons and bulletin inserts to children, youth and small group study guides.
Sample Adult and Youth Memory Verse Key rings and Tags. These are a simple way of encouraging your congregation to memorise some notable passages of God's Word. These verses cover each of the 6 purposes.
Lobby Poster Sample posters to promote your 40 Days of Purpose Campaign
Simulcast DVD. The catalytic launch point for the Campaign is the Simulcast, and the DVD version of that event is included.
Sample of the Small Group Curriculum book
Children and Youth sample books
Day 41 Manual. This is to help you plan your church strategy after the campaign.
Whats in the small church registration pack? Click here for more information
1. We prefer if you run your campaign during the autumn period (start September) or Lent (start February) but this is not compulsory and we will willingly supply resources throughout the year.
2. Churches now have the option to customise their implementation of the campaign by choosing the resources they need. We would however strongly recommend that churches register and complete the full campaign for maximum impact. The power and impact of the Campaign is best captured by the principle of “multiple reinforcement.” This means that the themes of the Campaign are reinforced by layering the same message as it is repeated from several perspectives: the Weekend Services, the weekly Bible Studies, the daily personal readings, and the weekly memory verse. All of these are essential to experience the full power of the Campaign. To extract any of the pieces means you minimize the impact.
3. Churches can team up with other churches but should still register as separate centres to help us with co-ordination and support.
4. All church sizes can complete a campaign. We have had small churches, as low as fifteen members; successfully complete a ‘Small Church’ campaign.
5. The five purposes taught during 40 Days are biblical and timeless and relate to all types of churches and denominations. As to your particular church style and denomination, you will select delivery mechanisms that suit your church culture. The campaign materials are designed in such a way as to give you maximum flexibility to customize everything so that it fits into your context, while still enabling you to deliver a message that’s consistent with biblical principles. We’ve heard story after story from “traditional” churches whose members were skeptical about this campaign working in their setting, but who were enthusiastic about it by the end of the first weekend after they saw lives changed through the power of the biblical truths presented during 40 Days.
6. We have always been surprised at the effectiveness of this campaign in drawing in people from the fringe of the church. Although this Campaign was originally designed as a discipleship tool for people who are already Christians, we discovered - almost by accident - that it has a tremendous power to woo and transform pre-Christians! By asking, during the opening week, “What on Earth Am I Here For?” your church has a powerful opportunity to draw in the unchurched who feel something is missing in their lives.